Published in November, 2018, these guidelines update the previous ones. This document is intended for professionals with several key messages. Everyone needs to move more. Any movement counts. The more the better, the more intense the better. Our health is dramatically affected by a lack of physical activity. We do not move enough. I repeat, WE DO NOT MOVE ENOUGH! CDC has launched a campaign called Move Your Way, in one YouTube video a gentleman is vacuum while he listens to his headphone dancing. The message is clear: all movement counts and we need more of it.
There are a few infographics but not many, yet. CDC has partnered with Shape America, who is doing some of the dissemination pieces. Here are the high points for you:
1. Website for the 2nd edition.
2. Top 10 things to know about the Second Edition of the PAG for Americans.
3. Videos, fact sheets and posters available here.
4. ShapeAmerica Resources: Recess Planning guide, and Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program Guide, and Active Start, programming for age birth-5.
5. Infographics Galore are available!
What should we do with all of this? Be aware. People still aren't moving enough. That includes the kids you work with, maybe your own kids maybe your family, and may include you, too.
Advocate for more physical activity for all people, at all times...doing ordinary things but also doing extra things. Use these infographics to promote physical activity for yourself and in the community. And lastly, be a role model. The health of our nation depends on it!!